Is Hardwood Floor Refinishing Seasonal?
Your hardwood floors are a mess. Perhaps the kids have been racing their new toy cars around your kitchen, causing scuff marks, galore. Or maybe you just bought a new home and the hardwood floors are in terrible shape. In any case, you’re itching to do the proper repairs. On the other hand, winter’s rain will be here in the Bay Area soon enough. Is it really worth starting a refinishing project now? Or should you defer the maintenance work until storm season blows over?
Here’s the surprising reality: winter is actually the best season for wood floor refinishing. Here’s why:
- During winter, you generally don’t run the air conditioning. The A/C can blow dirt and debris onto newly refinished floors, creating a mess right from the start.
- When it’s cold outside, you generally have the heat on. Dry heat can help your wood floors lay flat, and they won’t be plumped and warped by the humidity.
- Winter is considered “off season” for home remodelers, so the best teams for hardwood floor restoration or repair are more available.
- Inclement weather shouldn’t prove a problem for a smart contractor, who will know to close windows and doors to keep out blowy or wet weather.
- If left unchecked, your wood floor problems can become more expensive and annoying to fix. As the saying goes: a stitch in time saves nine. Get the work done now, before the situation gets out of control.
Winter Hardwood Floor Refinishing Is NOT a DIY Project!
For help managing any part of the repair and refinishing process, get in touch with the team at Elegant Floors for a free consultation and expert advice. Give us a call today at (650) 961-1339 or (408) 773-8624 or fill out our online contact form!