Sunnyvale Hardwood Floor Experts Discuss Huge Benefits of Professional Hardwood Floor Refinishing
Our Sunnyvale Hardwood Floors experts believe passionately in educating our clients about best practices, so that they can save money and time on floor installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Perhaps you’ve considered refinishing, but you’ve been putting off the project because you lack the cash or time to manage the job. Or perhaps you’ve been dealing with other, more pressing remodeling projects.
The sooner you deal with the refinishing project, the better. Here’s why:
- You can make an old, gritty floor look beautiful and almost new again;
- You can reduce maintenance/replacement costs;
- You can improve the aesthetic quality of the room, making it more livable and increasing the value of the property;
- You can reduce the likelihood that the wood might splinter (and slice open someone’s bare foot!) or break down and become a harbor for pests like termites.
Beware the DIY Refinishing Route
Unless you have ample experience–and the right machinery and helpers–hardwood floor refinishing is not a job you should do on your own. It’s extremely messy and energy and time-intensive.
The multi-step process needs to be done precisely, or you could set the stage for a headache-inducing “redo” of the job. You could even hurt yourself in the process. For instance, if you don’t use proper ventilation when you sand, you will aerosolize tiny particles of organic compounds into your ventilation system. This micro-grit can then cause create breathing problems and also coat your cabinets and appliances with filmy dust.
Likewise, you must choose the appropriate stain for the job. The product should:
- Mesh well with your type of hardwood;
- Be appropriate for the wear and tear the floor typically gets;
- Be appropriate for the average humidity and temperature of the room;
Choose the wrong stain or wrong tools for the job, and you will waste a lot of time and money.
The professional Sunnyvale hardwood floorteam here at Elegant Floors can help you complete your project on time, on spec, and on budget. We can give you the tips and tools you need to keep your floors looking beautiful from now to time immemorial. Contact us today to get your free estimate through our website: www.elegant-floors.com.